If you are the person who is using Jelly Bean version of Android in their devices and don’t know about this feature, then you definitely should read about this awesome feature of Offline Voice Typing.
Android Jelly Bean is capable of typing out anything you want, anywhere you want by just using voice recognition feature. It has been already available in all android as well as other device platforms. So what is special about the Jelly Bean version, you may ask? While all the other devices and even Android prior to Jelly Bean need an active data connection for voice recognition, Jelly Bean does not need it. That means, your device does not need to be connected to the internet for using voice recognition for typing.
Here’s how to enable it:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to Languages and Input.
3. Check if the language is selected as English(US). If not, then set it.
4. In the Inputs, look if the option Google Voice Typing is checked. If not, then check it.
5. Select the gear icon beside the Google Voice Typing. This will take you to the voice typing settings.
6. In the Choose Input Language, uncheck automatic and select English(US).
7. Below, in the Download Offline Speech Recognition option, select English(US).
8. After the download completes, close the settings.
9. Go anywhere for typing, like Messaging.
10. Select the little gear icon in the bottom left area. This will give the option of selecting Voice Typing.
11. Speak out your words clearly and the device will type it out even if Internet Connection is Inactive.
We have used English(US) as the input language. You can opt for any other language, even English(UK). For India, we recommend using English(US) as English(India) is not yet available for Offline Speech Recognition and out of the other options, English(US) is most accurate.